Keto momo is an Asian cuisine that is loved and eaten by most people worldwide as a snack/ side meal. It is also known as dumplings which is originally eaten by Chinese people.
A plate of keto momo can always lift up anyone’s mood. Due to the amount of carbohydrates present in the dumplings, for the people who wants to include low-carb food in their diet, they may have to let go of the dumplings.
Ketogenic diet momo gives an interesting twist to the traditional momos. Thus, everyone should try this recipe regardless of their diet preference. It takes almost about two and half hour to prepare momo for 4 to 5 people.
Nutritions contained in the keto diet momo
The dumplings consists proper amount of nutrients. The amount of nutrients contained in a ketogenic diet momo to serve 5 people are:
- calories- 175 kacl
- protein- 3 g
- carb- 20.5 g
- fiber- 1.5 g
- fat- 9 g
- cholesterol- 0 mg
- iron- 1 mg
- calcium- 38.5 mg
The ingredients to prepare the ketogenic diet momos are listed below:
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- Grinded chicken- 500 gms
- Grated onions- 25 gms
- Ginger paste- 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic paste- 1/2 tbsp
- Spring onion- 1/2 sprig
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp
- Chopped cabbage leaves
- Ground cumin- 2 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon- 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder
- Red chilli powder
- Butter- 1 tbsp
Instructions to prepare keto momo
- Mix the flour with 1 1/2 cups of lukewarm water in a bowl.
- Knead the dough well until it is medium-firm and flexible.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- At the time being mix the grinded chicken, coriander, onions, garlic and ginger paste, cumin, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a bowl.
- To make the outer cover(wrapper) of the dumplings :
- Break off 1/2 ounce of dough and form it into small balls.
- Place the ball on a flat surface and roll it into a 4-inch round with a rolling pin.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough.
- Hold the wrapper in your left hand and place a tablespoon of the chicken filling in the middle of it.
- Use the right thumb and index finger to pinch the edges of the wrapper together.
- Pinch and fold the wrapper until the edges of the circle close up like a little pouch.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray a steamer with cooking spray.
- Place the momo in the steamer.
- Fill the bottom of the steamer pot halfway with water and boil it.
- Set the steamer with the momos on top of the pot and cover with a tight lid.
- Steam the momos for 8 to 9 minutes or until cooked.
After the momos are cooked, it is now ready to be served. It can be served with or without the sauce.